Tuesday, March 20, 2012

SPRING BREAK 2012


























































































Sorry this has taken so long i have been having some computer troubles for a few days! WOW! Spring break was awesome and just what i needed. I got to see every member of my family and take plenty of food! I am going to give you the day by day break down and include some pictures of my spring break!



Monday: As much as i hate to admit this on the internet i got my hair cut and highlighted at BANGZ hair salon along with a nice, painful eyebrow waxing. I was looking too good for my day ahead. After my morning at Bangz i took all of my old teachers cookies at Hoggard and got to chat with them for a while. SHOUT OUT MR. MASON. It is kind of sad to think that the famous Hayley Upton no longer walks those halls....kinda surprised that the walls are still standing without me. After Hoggard i had lunch with my GRANNY! I hadn't seen her in since thanksgiving so we were so glad to see each other! We had a delicious lunch at temptations and she wanted to hear all about my life at a mountaineer! After a fun day i spent the rest of the night getting ready for CHARLESTON!


Tuesday: Caitlin and i got up and drove to charleston! It was my first big highway drive and i must say i did pretty well! Didnt exactly make the best time but didn't get lost and didnt get a speeding ticket! My sister lives in the heart of downtown charleston so we got to walk everywhere! When we got to charleston we went straight to the battery and got a snack! Then we went back walking downtown and grabbed dinner, a redbox and some FROYO.


Wednesday: This was a fun-filled and busy day! Caitlin and i got up early to hit up shopping on king street and the FOREVER 21 which was HUGE! Too bad i am pale and broke and wasnt quite in the mood to try on a whole lot. We had the kicken chicken for lunch that was delicious! We went walking on king street and ran into Elizabeth Morton who goes to C of C and that was a total surprise that we were not expecting but we got an ice cream sample from here and it was nice to see a familiar face! We went to the market where caitlin found a big piggy that she blames me for not buying! We say some pretty unique stuff at the market along with a pretty unique group of people. After we went shopping we went to pick up one of my very best friends ZACH EULO from the Citadel along with HEATH TRYER! (WE MISSED YOU BURTON) The boys looked super snazzy in their citadel attire. I think we embarrassed poor zachy when we got out of the car and took pictures as he was walking out. Sorry we aren't sorry. We took the boys to get some real food at wild wing cafe, went to the candy shop, walked to the battery and got them some ice cream! It was so good to see them and I know they were glad to get off campus. After we took the boys back to the Citadel caitlin and i got dressed for dinner and walked downtown. We went to YO BURRITO which was good and a fun atmosphere but wayyy overpriced. Made me miss Los Amigos in Boone Town. Caitlin and i walked around downtown and even weaseled out way up to the ROOFTOP bar even though we are under 21. It had an awesome view and the manager even volunteered to take our picture! Wednesday was a crazy day and the second i layed down i fell asleep.



Thursday: Caitlin and i go up, went to eat, finally got a hotdog and then drove back to wilmington. We drove straight to the beach to try to get some sunshine for the last few hours of the afternoon! shout out to CLAIRE MAYES WHO CAME TO WILMINGTON! Thursday was also my dad's birthday and as a good daughter i picked up some flaming amy's bowl for him.



Friday: Friday was a pretty relaxing day and just what i needed after a busy week. I went to the beach and got sun and then went on a great 3 mile run. BUT, the most exciting part of the day was going to Ruth's Chris to celebrate my dad's birthday. Ruth's Chris is probably one of the nicest, most expensive restaurant in Wilmington. It was delicious. I have never had such amazing steak in all of my life. My mom and i even got a cheesecake and dayyuuummm that was delicious. Even though my dad doesnt eat steak or cheesecake my mom and i enjoyed it enough for him.


Overall my spring break was amazing and just what i needed. PLUS i booked my flight to Maine making this summer feel even closer! I am glad to be back in Boone with my friends but nothing beats being at Wrightsville beach and at home with your family. Going home always humbles me and reminds me of how i was raised. I know i am where i am supposed to be but it never fails that my mom and i get a little teary eyed as we say goodbye.




***special shout outs****


DUNNA- for always being a great friend and because i left you off of my last post

Caitlin-for going with me to charleston

Jannell-for letting me stay with you



until next time,

HAYUP







No comments:

Post a Comment